Wishlist - All the Buildings in New York



We just booked a quick trip back to the States including quick stops in Chicago and NYC to see family, all preceded by an extended layover in Istanbul.  The thought of being back in NYC soon reminded me of a book I learned about a few months ago by James Gulliver Hancock, an illustrator who has taken on the simple yet enormous task of sketching literally every building in the big apple.  Accordingly, the book is titled "All the Buildings of New York: That I've Drawn So Far" and it boasts some 64 pages of Hancock's hand drawings.  Upon seeing his sketches and learning of his mission, I instantly became a jealous fan, envious of his meticulous yet whimsical style.  As they say that imitation is the highest form of flattery, I just might take a stab at drawing a few buildings myself while on the road.





Photo credits:  top and middle taken from Hancock's blog,  All the Buildings in New York.  bottom taken from Fuji Files.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Instagram

Twitter

Follow by Email

Be sure to get the latest and greatest of oinge by signing up for email updates!